Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Thing 34 -- more things I've discovered lately...

The more things are so engrossing, I find myself exploring different areas, then running out of time to blog about them. So, I’ll just make a few notes of my last two sessions:

Tartanmaker.com had me engaged for a good 30 minutes, and I had no sense of the time flying. I have to admit, my first attempt reminded me of the potholders I used to weave in camp as a child, but all in all making your own tartan pattern looks to be addictive!

Bighugelabs.com had some great Flickr tools – from making a jigsaw puzzle from your favorite pic, to creating a small photo book. All looked simple enough, but was trying to explore as much as possible that day, so only checked out the options. There’s also Map Maker at the site, where you lick on all the countries you’ve visited and it colors them in on a large map. Sounds better than it is…

Today I made a Hollywood sign reading Winger – very impressive. Something fun for a kid to try. And a chocolate bar with my name on it – of course with the bite taken out of one corner. These fun items are at glassgiant.com…

At fodey.com you can make your own newspaper clipping and depending on how involved you get with seeing your story in print, this site can gobble up a mess of time.

My favorite so far is at xtranormal.com – text-to-movie. Although the characters are rather stiff (Wii-like), it was fun to devise different plots and watch the poor devils act them out. It takes awhile to boot up, but the voices are a hoot! Another way to wile away a good 30 minutes…

But the highlight of the extra 23 things is found at zompist.com with the Excuse Generater – hilarious! And some bosses just might buy the stuff! Here’s one generated under the “distraction” heading:

‘I got so distracted by this stupid flame-war on the Net that I could hardly think-- and then my Loompanics catalog arrived. I am so ditzy sometimes! Anyway, I hope the medication kicks in this week.’

So that’s it, now if I can get this on my blog!

No comments: